Monday, September 17, 2012

Black coffee

My philosophy on life has always been that black coffee can fix anything...now I'm not so sure. There is pain that consumes your whole body...physically, emotionally. It's the pain from losing someone you love; whether it's death, a breakup, long distance separation...it's an all consuming pain. I am a people pleaser and I suck at it. I don't make mistakes often, but when I do. OH BOY they are huge mistakes...mistakes that make up for all the little ones that I have missed over my teenage years. I know that no one is perfect, and that I serve a faithful, loving and forgiving father. I sure am glad. Prior to the last 72 hours, I have never broken a heart before and I never thought I could. I stand corrected. I broke a heart, squeezed it, and trampled all over it. In breaking a heart, my heart is broken to the point where I shake and feel sick...constantly. So does he. Black coffee today couldn't fix the pain of thinking about his hurting heart...the disappointment I brought him. Black coffee for once wasn't enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment